Sunday 17 December 2017

Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Design Team Card - December

Good afternoon everyone 💜

I'm here again to share my Whimsy Stamps Design Team Inspirational card with you.  Today my card doesn't contain any colouring t all, as I wanted to show off one of the stunning digital papers designed by Tracy Wray.  I simply printed my paper and layered it up onto silver mirror card and then added by die cut sentiment then sprinkled a few snowflakes and stars around. This concept is so easy and great for batch making cards, especially at this time of year. I hope you like it.



Here's What I Used
Digital Papers: 'A Winters Night' Paper Collection
Other: 6" x 6" Scalloped Card Blank, Black Card, Silver Mirror Card, Graphics Program, Black Funky Foam, Sizzix (Tim Holtz) 'Retro Merry Christmas' Die, Lawn Fawn 'Mini Snowflake' Die, Pa\per Smooches 'Space' Dies

What I did
I cut a piece of silver mirror card to 5½" x 5½", then resized the patterned paper in my graphics program to 5½" x 5½",printed it out and trimmed it to fit the mirror card which were added to the card base.  The word Merry was cut from silver mirror card and added to the card front. The word 'Christmas was cut from black card and black funky foam which were glued together and also added to the card from at an angle. To finish the card  die cut stars and snowflakes cut from silver mirror card were glued around the front. Hope you like it. :)

I'll be back next week with more Whimsy fabulousness.

Why not, check out our current 'anything goes' Challenge, or follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :) 

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

2 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Janine! I love the snowy tones and the rich palette. The diecuts are beautiful and this is a fabulous design. I still have loads of cards to make, so this has me inspired! Hugs, Wends xoxo

msliz said...

Hi Janine!!
I fell in love with the deep blues of the "Winters Night" Paper! So much so that I've had to order some! I adore the silver mirrored snowflakes and the inclusion of the black Merry Christmas to draw it all together!! I can feel the chill in the air that the card depicts!!If you don't mind I'd love to duplicate this card and maybe add a personal touch. It's so late in the season I feel like I'm just playing catch up with Christmas Cards. I keep thinking that if I make them and can't get them out this year I'll be way ahead for next!! As you know I adore your work and doing my best to get the word out!! Can't wait to have some cards put together. You've really outdone yourself!!