Tuesday 2 January 2018

Whimsy Stamps Design Team - January 2018 Release #1

Happy New Year to you all 💜

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. My poor hubbie had to work away all over Christmas and I won't see him until later this week. So this year, I stayed with my daughter and her partner, their love and kindness helped me though a difficult time. We spent the time laughing and talking until the wee small hours. I spent New Year on my own, but I did spend it productively. Instead of feeling sad, I crafted with some gorgeous new images for the January release from Whimsy Stamps.

So today I'm sharing the 1st of my Whimsy Stamps Design Team cards with you using this cute little bunny. All the links to the Whimsy products can be found below. I hope you like it.



Here's What I Did
I used a 5" x 6" card base for my card, this was cut down from a 5" x 7" card blank to fit the frame. I die cut the frame twice from pink card and glued them together. Next I die cut 2 clouds from white and pink vellum and cut them down to fit inside the frame, making one slightly bigger than the other.

Using a graphics program I added the bunny and sentiment onto the digital patterned paper, and resized everything to fit the frame (nb I made the paper slightly larger than the inside area of the frame). The paper was printed out and cut down to size, this was then attached to the card front. Glitter was added to the sentiment in the top left hand corner. The clouds were also added to the card front by only lightly gluing the very edges of the sides and bottom.

The bunny image was printed onto colouring card, coloured with Copics and cut out. The images was glued directly over the top of the images printed onto the patterned paper. The process was repeated with the tiny heart.

To complete the card the pink frame was glued directly over the patterned paper, and tiny die cut hearts were glued around the clouds.

Here's What I Used
Digital Papers: 'Amour' Paper Collection
Digital Stamps: 'Love Me Tender' Digital Sentiment Sheet and 'Love You' Sheet

Other:
5" x 7" Card Blank (cut down to size), Pink Card, Colouring Card (Joanna Sheen), Puffy Cloud Border Die (Lawn Fawn), Rectangle Doily Die (Tattered Lace), Bunting Die (Joanna Sheen), Crystal Glitter, Pink & White Vellum, Graphics Program

Copics: Bunny & Heart - RV000, RV00, RV02 / Cloud - CO - C02

Don't forget to join in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge #102, you still have time - here is the link.

Why not, follow us on Facebook group, Pinterest, Instagram or on our Blog we'd loved to see you.

Thank you so much for dropping by, don't forget to say hi :)  I'll be back tomorrow with more Whimsy wonderfulness.

Challenges entered:

Hugs

x Janine x

1 comment:

msliz said...

Just had to tell you how much I adore the Bunny Card! Yes, I know it's been on the blog for 2 weeks now, I'm a bit slow!! But Valentine's Day isn't here and I'm going to get some done!! Bunny looks like she's (a she bunny because she's pink, Ha!) having a relaxing time just floating along on a cloud! You really knocked it out of the park with the soft look of the clouds! Awesome Card! Big Hugs!!